A candidate seeking admission to M.Sc. shall have
1) Passed B.Sc. Nursing (Basic) or Post Basic B.Sc. in Nursing or Post Certificate B.Sc. Nursing of Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka (RGHUS), or any other university as equivalent to Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka.
2) Minimum of one year experience after obtaining B.Sc. Nursing (Basic), in a hospital or in nursing educational institution or community health setting. For candidate with Post Basic B.Sc. in nursing degree no such experience is needed after graduation.
3) Registered in State Nursing Council as a registered nurse and registered midwife.
The selection shall be based on merit judged on the basis of aggregate of marks obtained in the university examination 1st year to final year Basic B.Sc. Nursing or Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing and marks obtained in the selection test. Candidates will have to appear for written test in the college of nursing, Bangalore on the specified date. There will be preliminary selection following in the entrance exam, to select limited number of candidates for the final interview.
All selected candidates who wish to accept seat offered for M.Sc. nursing must give their acceptance in writing within a week of receiving the information, failing which the seat will be offered to the next candidate on the list.
Candidates may choose anyone of the branches of study at the time of admission.
1) Branch I – Medical Surgical Nursing (4 Seats)
2) Branch III – Pediatric Nursing (4 Seats)
3) Branch IV – Obstetrics & Gynecological nursing (4 Seats)